- Enhancing world peace by strengthening positive relationships between people of different cultures, including countries already associated with the international World Peace Bell peace movement
- Encouraging young people of different cultures to visit New Zealand to participate in outdoor adventure activities they can, in turn, encourage in their own countries
- Progressing world environmental sustainability through exchange programmes aimed at preserving the Earth’s ecosystem
- Promoting world peace by strengthening trade and tourism
- Highlighting the World Peace Bell in its host city, Christchurch, and to establish a central city peace walk for New Zealanders and international visitors
- Creating awareness of New Zealand as a country that is making a worthy contribution to world peace
These aims have become ever more pertinent since the Mosque shootings in Christchurch on March 15, 2019. The World Peace Bell is a place where citizens and visitors can come to promote Christchurch and New Zealand’s commitment to peace and tolerance.